The July episode of my newsletter went out to over 160 people. Please sign up here, if you want to enjoy the full contents. The last three episodes are complimentary for your sign-up.
Here is the table of contents of Episode 8 (July 2020).
- My Thoughts on Yocto Updates. Or: you never know what you’ll get after a minor-version update.
- My Blog Posts:
- Webinar: Building Embedded Applications from QtCreator with Docker (with links to video and slides)
- Book Review: “A Philosophy of Software Design” by John Ousterhout. John’s concept of deep and shallow modules is a very descriptive and intuitive way of looking at loosely coupled modules with strong cohesion providing a good level of abstraction.
- “The Anatomy of a Race Condition” by Matthew Eshleman
- “Five Underplayed Premises of TDD” by GeePaw Hill
- “How to undo (almost) anything with Git” by Joshua Wehner. How to clean up your Git messes.