Welcome to Episode 3 of my newsletter. Follow this link to read the full newsletter. Here is the table of contents.
- My Blog Posts
- Less Love for FOSS Qt Users. Changes in Qt 5.14 and ideas for a better princing model for Qt.
- Benefits of a Relocatable Qt. Step-by-step walkthrough of relocating Qt from a build server to a development PC and to an embedded system.
- Introducing WPEQt, a WPE API for Qt5. The Webkit Port for Embedded as a good alternative to Qt5WebEngineCore.
- Learn More About iMX8 based product development. Terminal manufacturer CrossControl getting serious about i.MX8 terminals.
- Tesla teardown finds electronics 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW. How Tesla benefit from vertical integration of their hardware and software.
- Volkswagen ID.3 reportedly suffering software problems. Manual software update of at least 10,000 ID.3 cars.
- Questions to Ask: Software Architecture, Design and Coding. A useful list of questions to ask regularly during software development projects.
- Is High Quality Software Worth the Cost? About the rare case where higher quality costs less.
- Don’t buy into the Technical Debt Illusion. Avoid deliberate technical debt by all means and work hard to reduce inadvertent technical debt (a.k.a. technical inflation).
- 17 Theses on Software Estimation. No doubt that software developers must improve their estimation skills.
Don’t forget to sign up for my monthly newsletter here.